Royal Plymouth Corinthian Yacht Club Bye-Laws
ROYAL PLYMOUTH CORINTHIAN YACHT CLUB BYE – LAWS
The following regulations were agreed by the General Committee in JULY 2007 and supersede any previously published.
(1) No person may use the Grenville or Hawkins Rooms in wet suits, bathing clothes or wet foul weather gear.
(2) Attention is drawn to the club’s Rule No.26 concerning visitors, in particular the last paragraph: every member, introducing a visitor to the clubhouse much enter such guest’s name and address-inthe book provided for the purpose, at the same time entering his/her own name as introducer.
(3) Temporary membership shall be available at a fee of £5.00 per week at the discretion of the General Committee.
(4) All reserved tickets for social events must be paid for at least three days prior to the event. Any reserved tickets not paid for at this time may then be put on general sale to members.
None cancellation of tickets will be charged for
(5) External private bookings will not be accepted if the club facilities are booked for a sailing event.
(6) Whilst Rule 28 covers the general conduct o members, there may be occasions when a members considers the conduct of other members or guests, or the unauthorised presence of non-members warrants immediate action. In such circumstances the member should report at once the facts to either the Club officer, a member of the general committee or the Club General Manager for them to take appropriate action to remedy the situation. Any incident must be reported to the Hon. Secretary. Members are reminded of their obligations under Rule 28.
(7) Sndwiches and food items purchased from the bar eg. Crisps may be consumed in the Grenville and Armada Rooms.
(8) Guest attending private functions should be entertained in that part of the club premises reserved for the function.
(9) No Pets are permitted in the club house with the exception of Assistance Dogs.
(10) To comply with the law the club is now a non smoking building.
(11) Mobile phones may only be used in the Foyer.
(12) Children and Cadet Members
(i) A child of eleven years or more who is not a cadet member shall not be admitted to the club more than three times in the year, excluding organised social functions.
(ii) Parents must ensure the good behaviour or their children at all times and are reminded that any accidents caused to their children while on the club premises are the responsibility of the parents, not the club or its members. (The Committee is not anxious to restrict members bringing children to the club, but may withdraw the privilege unless the parents exercise strict control over their children and do not allow them to wander about the club premises.)
(iii) Cadet Members are not allowed the privilege of bringing a guest into the club expect for organised functions.
(iv) No cadet member or person under the age of 18 is allowed to obtain from the bar or consume intoxicating liquor on club premises.
(v) Those responsible for cadets or children shall be responsible for them at all times whether the cadet/child is engaged in club activities or on the club premises and shall be answerable to the General Committee for the actions of the cadet or child.
(13) Any bar and/or Catering tab must be paid before the member departs the club on that day.